Webpage selector ignore constantly changing area

Hi

I’m trying to use webpage selector to monitor changes to a page but I need to ignore a constantly changing area, otherwise I get alerted when that changes.

How do I do that?

Is it possible to first select the whole page, then deselect the area I don’t want monitored? I’ve tried to do that and am not doing very well.

The reason I want to do that is that I want to monitor for something new to appear on the page, while ignoring the frequently changing area, whose position is fixed.

Thanks

1 Like

It makes sense to exclude parts of page that we are not interested in. Checkout the following article to see how and let me know if you have any questions:

https://distill.io/docs/web-monitor/what-is-visual-selector/#how-to-exclude-elements-from-the-selection-that-you-do-not-want-to-monitor

I should have mentioned that I had already read that page. I’m still having problems deselecting the changing areas. I wonder if there’s a way to select the changing area using its HTML tag?

I think I’m making a bit of headway now. After using the webpage selector, is there a visual way to confirm what you’ve selected or deselected?
Thanks

The visual selector shows the deselected elements in red boxes. The text preview should show a preview of the monitored content. Do these two not help?