Variable keyword in search box with macro

I’ve created a simple macro that goes to the search box of a product website, enters a keyword, and presses search. This works well, but there are multiple keywords I want to search for using separate monitors. Do I have to create a different macro for each keyword or is there a way to create a variable name within the macro and then specify the keyword variable in the monitor? This seems like a common search process, but I can’t find an answer anywhere.

2 Likes

@melanievine it is currently not possible to create and use variables in a macro right now. one needs to create multiple macros with different values hardcoded in it.

parameterizing macros is currently a work in progress. we will be able to parametrize a macro and use them with different inputs when monitoring pages and taking actions.

Thanks for your answer @ajitk! Can you provide any timeline for this feature to be available? I have a similar use case.
It would be perfect to enable running a monitor with a set of parameters (similar to profiles/eventually to be stored on a profile) and use them in the action macros after monitor is changed (or marcos before execution).

it will be available in q3 this year. cheers!

1 Like