Sending webhook to Google Spaces

Hello,
I’m just starting using Distill for my busisness.
Usually I use Email Alerts for notification, but I really want to post it to Google Spaces, in which multiple users are in.
I got an webhook URL for Google Spaces as attached, but don’t know what options and headers I have to add.
Or is there anything I need to do on Google?
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks.

Kiyo

1 Like

Hello Kiyo,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting your question.

I just checked out Google Spaces docs at Send messages to Google Chat with incoming webhooks  |  Google Developers. Following are the main things to consider:

1. The authorization key and token. In the examples, it is part of the URL. It looks like https://chat.googleapis.com/v1/spaces/AAAAGCYeSRY/messages?key=AIzaSyDdI0hCZtE6vySjMm-WEfRq3CPzqKqqsHI&token=u9IG_MuTBXw-tnqupPrPNinY2spKFcRBDp6dSldGUAw%3D
  2. The message sent should be in JSON format. Distill does that by default. A header doesn’t need to be added. Please remove the empty header from the headers list.
  3. The message body should contain a field named text. There should not be any other field in the body.

Fields in the screenshot already contains text. Can you remove others (id, name, and url) and try again?

Let me know how it goes or reach out if you need any help.

Thanks for using Distill for your business and wish you all the best!

Hello ajitk!

Thank you so much for prompt attention.
I’ve just edited the options as you advised and it does work!!!
My body shivers with excitement :slight_smile:
I thought all the options were to be added, but that’s wrong.
only [text] option is needed.

Now I can do what I thought I was going to do and my colleagues will be happy.
Thank you so much again.

1 Like

Glad to know that it worked! And thanks for the update. :smiley:

1 Like