Monitoring full page, any idea?

Hi, i am a new for Distill. i have much less knowledge than anyone here, i guess.

I want to get notified when some new items added on the page i have added as ‘monitoring full page’ (i have no idea how to catch these, so use the option only)

After this set up, i got literally noticed every 5 seconds, i checked page, but nothing seems to be changed.

Please help me out with this. i just want to be notified when some new items have added only.

Hello @medianoh,

You can check out the history of changes to know what triggered the change alert. You can click on the text section as shown below to see it.

Added texts are highlighted in green. Check out our article on change history Change history and highlighted changes | Distill.io.

It will be a good idea to monitor a section than the entire page. The full-page can trigger unwanted alerts as there are many unwanted elements (timestamp, etc) that can change. If your page contains a list of items, you can select the list containing them. If you need any help with the selector, please feel free to email us with the URL and we will help you.

1 Like

Hi Raksha, thanks for your help. i have no idea where i have to send email, so i message you.

If it is a public page, you can share the URL here. If you want to email us, you can send it to support@distill.io.

There you go. Thanks

https://www.farfetch.com/de/shopping/men/prada/items.aspx?page=1&view=90&sort=2&scale=282&q=Prada

You can try the following config. It selects the price and name of the listed items.

{
  "selections": [
    {
      "frames": [
        {
          "index": 0,
          "excludes": [],
          "includes": [
            {
              "type": "css",
              "expr": "[data-testid=\"product-card-list\"] [itemprop=\"name\"]"
            },
            {
              "type": "css",
              "expr": "[data-component =\"Price\"]"
            }
          ]
        }
      ],
      "dynamic": true,
      "delay": 5
    }
  ],
  "ignoreEmptyText": true,
  "includeStyle": false,
  "dataAttr": "text"
}

I have selected the elements as shown in the picture.

Hello, I am new to distill and am looking to monitor a large page with about 600 products for any changes. When I attempt to monitor the page I am noticing that changes are only being monitored for the first half of the page even though I have full page selected. Is there any way to fix this?

Hi @mike33, is the page dynamic and does it require more time to load its content?

Hello, I believe so. It does take time to load all the content on the page

The site is similar to Nike.com if that helps (https://www.nike.com/w/mens-shoes-nik1zy7ok) @ajitk

Can you try setting a delay in config and see if that helps?

Would I create the delay config here?

Yes, that is the config window where you can increase the delay. Try using 10 to see if that helps?

Okay will do! Thank you

Hey @ajitk I was able to add the delay but it did not seem to fix the issue

Was wondering if perhaps anyone can help me with this issue

Can you try using the desktop app to create and test a new monitor from Web Monitoring Apps | Distill? Let me know if it is able to load and monitor the page better.

Hello, @ajitk I am using the desktop app and I am still encountering the same problems. The app also seems to crash every few minutes

I see. Can you export and that monitor as JSON? I will check it out.

I am sorry I am new to all of this, could you explain how I would monitor it as a JSON