Macro unable to view the selector

Hello,

Im struggling to setup a maco that accepts the privacy pop up box that sometimes appears.

No matter what i do the macro times out as it does not recognise the button - i’ve tried resetting the selector but it views the whole pop up box as one, i cannot seem to figure out how to isolate the “accept all” button.

If anyone is able to figure this out i would greatly appreciate it!

1 Like

@sharkiee can you export the saved macro and share? You can paste the json here in code tag (triple backticks) or upload the file to file.io and share the link. I will check it out and get back to you. Thanks!

Hello,

Appreciate you looking into this for me

https://file.io/bpKp5B7bepB3

Hello @sharkiee, the cookie popup is rendered in an element in a shadow root. It is a way to encapsulate elements so that it is not directly accessible to the page. Distill doesn’t support shadow root yet. That is why the visual recorder is unable to find and interact with the button.

A workaround is to use a profile in this macro. The steps are:

1. Create a profile for this website. In the profile, make sure to accept the cookie and save them.
  2. In the macro recorder, use the profile created in the previous step. As a result, you won’t need to close the cookie popup anymore in the macro.
  3. Use the profile and the macro when creating a new monitor.

Can you try this out and see if it works?