Macro error - scroll not supported in browser extension

Hello. I’m new to using Distill macros.
I want to get a turn reservation on a specific website (https://prenotami.esteri.it/Services) and i have designed a macro to click on the indicated button.

I tried following the method proposed by Distill (“How to Record a Macro for a Webpage”), but it’s outdated and I don’t have the same options. Therefore, I manually added the macro to an existing monitor, and I’m getting the following error:

Scroll is not supported in the extension. Use a desktop or cloud monitor instead.
Error evaluating expression: ["scroll",["selector",{"meta":{},"type":"css","value":"html"}],0,500,{"frame":0}]
Error evaluating statement: "scroll", at Position: [1]

The specific macro is:

{"macros":[{"meta":{"url":"https://prenotami.esteri.it/Services"},"name":"turnos","spec":{"params":[]},"steps":[["wait_doc",{"frame":0}],["scroll",["selector",{"meta":{},"type":"css","value":"html"}],0,500,{"frame":0}],["click",["selector",{"meta":{},"type":"css","value":"tr:nth-child(3) .primary"}],{"x":57.90625,"y":23.65625},{"frame":0}],["wait_doc",{"frame":0}],["click",["selector",{"meta":{},"type":"css","value":".btn"}],{"x":101.8125,"y":20.9375},{"frame":0}]],"version":2}]}

I tried using the app but i cant work this… Please, I need help. Thank you.

Hello @turkkom, some actions are not available in the browser extension due to limitation of the platform. scroll and keypress are such examples.

In this case, is that the scroll step necessary to work? if not, can you try to remove that step and try again?

hello! i can remplace scroll using tab… but how can i remplace keypress? i need press button “PRENOTA” to check if someone turn reservation its available…

thanks for your answer

i need press button “PRENOTA” to check if someone turn reservation its available…

The button press is done using a click step. So, a keypress (pressing a key in the keyboard) is not needed. You can run the macro after removing the scroll step to see if that works.

Al note that scroll step is supported in the desktop app and cloud. Can you also try using the desktop app without removing the scroll step app? I expect that it should work.

The desktop app is undergoing public alpha testing and can be downloaded from the following link:

Hello ajitk… when i am creating the macro on the the desktop app the website doesnt recharge… can you test too?

Hi @pallavJha

i cant configure the monitor to use any macro… when i open the remote browser i dont have “select the macro” option … i will show you a image…

the button doesnt appear… thanks

Hi @turkkom,

Currently, two ways exist to configure a monitor to run a macro:

• On the web app, you can add a macro while setting up the monitor using Visual Selector:
  • Or you can open the monitor options page and select the macro:

This option is available on the desktop app, extension, and web app.

hello @ajitk im better with the process of creating macro…

but i have a problem. The website charges and the macro starts… but the website closes before the macro finish… do you understand me?? for example, the website is active 10 seconds but the macro needs 15 seconds to realize all the actions…

the error says: “Log for this monitor will be available on device that runs this monitor”

the macro is:

{"macros":[{"meta":{"url":"https://prenotami.esteri.it/Services"},"name":"ya logueado","spec":{"params":[]},"steps":[["wait_doc",{"frame":0}],["click",["selector",{"meta":{},"type":"css","value":"[type='text']"}],{"x":208.96875,"y":19.328125},{"frame":0}],["type",["selector",{"meta":{},"type":"css","value":"[type='text']"}],"jure",{"frame":0}],["click",["selector",{"meta":{},"type":"css","value":"a .primary"}],{"x":57.125,"y":11.328125},{"frame":0}],["wait_doc",{"frame":0}],["click",["selector",{"meta":{},"type":"css","value":".btn"}],{"x":87.609375,"y":24.9375},{"frame":0}]],"version":2}]}

thanks again

The website appears to require login credentials. Will DM for more info.

1 Like

Hello, please check this: Macro error - scroll not supported in browser extension - #9 by turkkom

I couldn’t complete the macro and if someone can do it, I will pay them.

thanks a lot.

Hello @turkkom - thanks for the login details and waiting!

I have created a macro to login and go to the desired page. Can you import the following macro and see if is able to go to the page that you need to monitor for changes? Please replace <email> and <password> with appropriate values.

ya logueado-9acf13b8-1422-11ee-a63a-c7e95457a79d.json (774 Bytes)

The visual selector shows the following page:

I selected two elements in the page so that the stock can be monitored for changes. Sharing the monitor’s config here:

{
  "selections": [
    {
      "frames": [
        {
          "index": 0,
          "excludes": [],
          "includes": [
            {
              "expr": ".jconfirm-content *",
              "type": "css"
            },
            {
              "expr": ".heading-container",
              "type": "css"
            }
          ]
        }
      ],
      "dynamic": true,
      "delay": 0
    }
  ],
  "regexp": null,
  "ignoreEmptyText": true,
  "includeStyle": false,
  "viewport": {},
  "dataAttr": "text"
}

Once saved in the Watchlist, the monitor should monitor the following content:

Does this work for you?

Cheers!

thanks a lot.

My subscription is over… but in a few months i will pay and try this macro…

If works i will pay you… remember me

Thanks again

1 Like

hello ajitk i didnt forget you

i didnt try again because for moment i dont have money to pay subscription… but thanks for the answer

congrats man

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know, it is highly appreciated. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need any help. Cheers!

Hi Ajitk,

I have the same need to as the previous user. Is this going to work? I need the process to login to refresh the page to see if there are any slots.

It should work, unless there a step that requires one to fill a captcha or has 2FA enabled.