Keep unread status trought failed condition checks

Hello. I would like to report an issue I’m having:

I have a Monitor set to check frequently a page (since it updates very frequently) which has a Condition (regex) set.

If an update is detected by Distill and it satisfies the Condition, the status is properly set as “unread”. This works as intended.

But in case I don’t interact with Distill, leaving the Monitor in “unread” status, if another check runs and it detects a change but it does not satisfies the Condition, Distill sets the Monitor to “read”.

If I check Distill at this time, I am made to believe that no changes ever happened to the page.

What should happen is that if the Conditions on a Monitor are not satisfied, but the Monitor status was previously “unread”, than the Monitor should keep the “unread” status still.

I don’t know if this is bug or a feature, but in my case it severely hinder my ability to use Distill. If there is a workaround I’m more than happy to hear it.

Thanks for the attention.

@compactespresso Welcome to the community forum!

In the existing state, the unread and read state works as you have explained it. I can understand that in some cases you may miss out on checking a monitor if it has changed with conditions evaluating to true.

Points that can be helpful for you:

1. You can keep your Watchlist sorted by “Time changed on”. The ts for a monitor updates based on a change detected (with true condition) for a monitor.
  2. You can add email or other actions for your important monitor so that you do not miss out on any important changes.

I would also like to understand more about your use case so that we can think and analyze more about the unread/read state for multiple scenarios.