Is it possible to monitor gwt based applicaton

Hi,
I would like to ask if this possible to implement with Distill ?

We’ve got a gwt-based web site with authorization (first login in another site and redirects to the actual one with auth cookies).
We would like to monitor changes on some table column and receive notifications on the gwt-based web app.

For a notification, we need to be able to:

• refresh the page without reloading the page (single-page application), but instead by pressing the refresh button that’s part of the portal UI
  • detect changes on the data table column. Notification system should read the new data entry, and notify us when the entry contains some value.

Hello @slisnychyi, welcome to the community forum! It looks like you are looking for a solution that combines two things into one: cookies for authentication + macros for automating actions. Is it a hard requirement that the page must not be reloaded? This could be something that we don’t support along with macros yet.

Hello, @ajitk and thank you for your reply.

Yes, it’s pretty old gwt web app and after page reload we have to make some menu clicks to get the table back again.

Is it possible to setup auth cookies and write macros that would do this clicks and monitor some column in gwt table ?

But when we are reloading page, auth cookies are stay at least on local machine. So, i think it should not be a problem or am i wrong (when auth cookies will expire i probably need to change them manually) ?
Can i somehow test this macros and see if it would work in my case without buying professional subscription for this test ?

@ajitk Also this column appears dynamically in the table after ‘refresh’ button.
Is it possible to track such changes with distill.io ?

We offer two solutions for cloud monitors:

1. Profiles are used to save cookies for webpages visually. If the website uses cookies for authentication, then it should work.
  2. Macros are used to visually record and later replay those actions. It can be used to click buttons and links to get to the monitored page.

These two can potentially be combined to do what you need. On related note, we will support macros for local monitors in the near future. I think that it will make monitoring such pages very convenient.

We don’t have a free trial of the Professional plan right now.

Unless there is something fancy happening, it should be possible. We support custom delay as a step in macros. It could help in case one need to wait for a few seconds for the page to load.

@ajitk thank you for your reply.

On related note, we will support macros for local monitors in the near future

So, you there’s macros setup only for cloud version for now ?

Unless there is something fancy happening, it should be possible. We support custom delay as a step in macros. It could help in case one need to wait for a few seconds for the page to load.

As i understand distill.io tracks elements by XPath by selecting elements on the page, but as this is dynamic thing that we don’t know position for now and as well could have pagination in this table as well.
Should it work with such cases ?

Yes, it is only for cloud. Macro: Record and Replay Automated Actions | Docs

After the page has loaded, it should be possible to target the content using XPath or CSS selector.