How to use Visual Selector to select a larger element

It looks like I can’t select the site results with the visual selector for this page

https://legalref.judiciary.hk/lrs/common/search/search_result.jsp?isadvsearch=1&hsf=searchField1&txtselectopt=3&txtSearch=&txtselectopt1=3&txtSearch1=&txtselectopt2=7&txtSearch2=Commissioner+of+Inland+Revenue&txtselectopt3=6&txtSearch3=&txtselectopt14=10&txtSearch14=&txtselectopt15=4&txtSearch15=&txtselectopt16=8&txtSearch16=&txtselectopt17=5&txtSearch17=&stem=1&selSchct=FA&selSchct=CA&selSchct=HC&selSchct=CT&selSchct=DC&selSchct=FC&selSchct=LD&selSchct=OT&selallct=1&selcourtname=&selcourtype=&selDatabase=JU&selDatabase=RV&selDatabase=RS&selDatabase=PD&selall=1&order=0&SHCAF=&page=1

@alextaxanalysts Are you able to select the first item from the result page or the selection does not work at all?

@alextaxanalysts

I am able to make selections on the page (screenshot below).
Can you kindly elaborate on where you are facing a challenge?

I said i can’t select the site results. Please see the site results highlighted in yellow attached. Only if all of these are highlighted, the search will update. I didn’t say I can select something. But what I can select, is not even a full line item (for example the full no. 1 row) and not only bits and pieces of row 1, which is useless, I think.

Hi @alextaxanalysts

Thank you for elaborating on what you are looking for.

Let me explain in a few steps below (via screenshots):

1. Select the element in the first row.
  2. Start clicking the expand selection button at the top right of the selection window (highlighted in the screenshot below):

1. Expand until your desired selection is reached.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Best regards,
Surya

1 Like

Thanks, it worked now.