How can i add delay

Hello, I need to add a 5 second delay anywhere before “expr”: “/html”, but I don’t know how to do it. Can you please help me?

1 Like

Hello @lecter,

You can set the value of the delay parameter in the config to 5. You need to scroll down a bit to find that. This will ensure that Distill will wait for 5 seconds more after page has loaded.

Thank you, but that’s not what I mean. The delay parameter you said adds delay after “expr”: “/html”. But I need to add before that.

Please note that the config is not an ordered sequence of actions. It is a JSON that includes all the selections and some configurable parameters. Distill will wait for the delay period before extracting the HTML out.

Can you explain the problem you are facing? If your problem is not solved by setting the delay, you can share the URL and I will check it out.

Oh, I didn’t know that the config is not an ordered sequence of actions. Actually I don’t know anything about codes, commands or programming language. Thanks for your help. I solved the problem thanks to you. By the way, which programming language would you recommend me to learn as a beginner in order to do this kind of automation tasks?

1 Like

Hello @lecter, JavaScript is the most common language used on the web. We use that at Distill quite a lot.

1 Like

Thank you so much for help

1 Like