France Visa Appointment Monitor

Hi all,

Has anyone tried using Distill for monitoring visa slots on https://visa-fr.tlscontact.com/visa/gb/gbLON2fr/home ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Hi @mgzl1166

Firstly, welcome to Distill’s forums.

I’ll recommend you to take a look at the forum thread: Checking availability for the US visa appointment - selection empty error

In most scenarios (associated with Visa appointments monitoring), you will have to login to the portal and perform a set of steps to reach the calendar which can be monitored. To address this challenge, you will need to use macros in Distill.

A typical process to setup a montior will look like the following:

1. Login to Distill’s web app
  2. Go to Macros
  3. Create a new macro (starting from the login page) for tracking the Visa Appointments
  4. Record the various steps, till you get to the calendar you want to monitor for available slots
  5. Save the Macro
  6. Click on Add Monitor in the Watchlist and add a Webpage
  7. Give the start url corresponding to the login page
  8. Link the Macro to the monitor
  9. Run the macro by clicking the play button
  10. Once you reach the page where you want to monitor the calendar, select the dates you’d like to monitor & save the monitor

Furthermore, I’ll also recommend that you keep the frequency of checks to about once every 3hrs. This will ensure that the monitor will not run at a reasonable frequency.

I’ll be happy to connect with you over a zoom call, if you still face any challenges and need help.

Best Regards,
Surya

Hello, how do you set it to monitor for open appointments when there are no appointments available at all and no calendar shows in the first place?

Hi @nabvamc

Firstly, welcome to Distill’s forums.

I’d recommend setting up a monitor to track the section of the page where you expect the appointments to show-up, when they become available.

The monitor will then send across a notification whenever the section has a populated date (or the calendar).

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Surya