False alert in thread with passage of time.

Hello!
How to monitor new posts in a forum, without counting the minutes passed to generate a new false alert?
For example, a new post shows:
Posted 1 minute ago;
Posted 2 minutes away;
Posted 1 hour ago;
etc.

This count generates a false alert.

The forum is this:

Thanks.

Timestamps are a common source of unwanted notifications. Distill offers a way to remove specific elements from selection using its visual selector. Checkout the following article to see how:

Once all of the timestamps have been deselected (removed from selection), they shouldn’t trigger any alerts.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the reply.
When a new post appears, new unselected elements appear, including differences in the passage of time. Does the Visual Selector have options to ignore this time pass on new posts?

A different approach would be to monitor individual post links:

That way the next post would have a different numerical value and greater than the previous one.

I am using Firefox browser extension.

Hello again.
Tried as Href but it won’t work in this case.
If I select all indicators to ignore, a new post generates new time indicators and I get new false alerts.
Is there any way to generate a pre-selection for future posts?

Thanks again.

It should be possible to deselect the timestamp of all posts in one shot. Can you share your current config?

I’ll send you a link to an active topic and an image of my selection, including the configuration:

{
  "selections": [
    {
      "frames": [
        {
          "index": 0,
          "excludes": [
            {
              "type": "xpath",
              "expr": "(//div[@id='pagecontent']/table[@class='tablebg']//tr[@class='row1']/td[@class='profile'])[1]"
            },
            {
              "expr": "(//div[@id='pagecontent']/table[@class='tablebg']//tr[@class='row2']/td[@class='profile'])[1]"
            },
            {
              "expr": "(//div[@id='pagecontent']/table[@class='tablebg']//tr[@class='row1']/td[@class='profile'])[3]"
            },
            {
              "expr": "(//div[@id='pagecontent']/table[@class='tablebg']//tr[@class='row2']/td[@class='profile'])[3]"
            },
            {
              "expr": "(//div[@id='pagecontent']/table[@class='tablebg']//tr[@class='row1']/td[@class='profile'])[5]"
            },
            {
              "expr": "(//div[@id='pagecontent']/table[@class='tablebg']//tr[@class='row2']/td[@class='profile'])[5]"
            },
            {
              "expr": "(//div[@id='pagecontent']/table[@class='tablebg']//tr[@class='row1']/td[@class='profile'])[7]"
            },
            {
              "expr": "(//div[@id='pagecontent']/table[@class='tablebg']//tr[@class='row2']/td[@class='profile'])[7]"
            },
            {
              "expr": "(//div[@id='pagecontent']/table[@class='tablebg']//tr[@class='row1']/td[@class='profile'])[9]"
            },
            {
              "expr": "(//div[@id='pagecontent']/table[@class='tablebg']//tr[@class='row2']/td[@class='profile'])[9]"
            },
            {
              "expr": "(//div[@id='pagecontent']/table[@class='tablebg']//tr[@class='row1']/td[@class='profile'])[11]"
            },
            {
              "expr": "(//div[@id='pagecontent']/table[@class='tablebg']//tr[@class='row1']/td//tbody//td[@class='gensmall'])[11]"
            }
          ],
          "includes": [
            {
              "expr": "//div[@id='pagecontent']"
            }
          ]
        }
      ],
      "dynamic": false,
      "delay": 2
    }
  ],
  "ignoreEmptyText": true,
  "includeStyle": false,
  "dataAttr": "text"
}

I just need to get notifications of every new post. No change alerts.
I tried using the feed, but the site takes a long time to update.
I’m using the print version tentatively, but it won’t work in all situations.
Is there any more detailed document regarding Distill? Maybe there is but I haven’t found it.

Thanks.

Got it. Following config excludes all elements that have class profile and gensmall so that any changes in them will be ignored.

{
  "selections": [
    {
      "frames": [
        {
          "index": 0,
          "excludes": [
            {
              "expr": "(//div[@id='pagecontent']/table[@class='tablebg']//tr[@class='row1']/td[@class='profile'])"
            },
            {
              "expr": "(//div[@id='pagecontent']/table[@class='tablebg']//tr[@class='row1']/td//tbody//td[@class='gensmall'])"
            }
          ],
          "includes": [
            {
              "expr": "//div[@id='pagecontent']"
            }
          ]
        }
      ],
      "dynamic": false,
      "delay": 2
    }
  ],
  "ignoreEmptyText": true,
  "includeStyle": false,
  "dataAttr": "text"
}

Can you try it out and see how it works? Cheers!