Error notifications for local monitors

Is it possible to receive an error notification via email or something that’s not just a sound on my computer? Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for raising an important question @ronaldo7matic10!

At this moment, local monitors only trigger local actions on error. We have plans to revamp error actions so that it can support all possible actions.

In the meantime, do you need to get notified of SELECTION_EMPTY errors via email?

If I could get notified of SELECTION_EMPTY for a local monitor that would be great.

Sure. One of the easiest tricks is to include the page’s title in selections.

CSS selector: title
XPath selector: //title

Using any one of the above selectors should work.

2 Likes

Is there a way to get an email when a monitor throws an error? regardless of the type of error. As sometimes its due to site being blocked, i’d like to know when that happens so i can switch proxies

@fomo you can use the solution to monitor the page’s title to get alerts.

will be useful if we can get email/app prompts when an error log comes up. alot of times, i didnt notice that i got logged out of the site and i missed quite a few changes on the website.

2 Likes

Agreed! The ETA for this feature to be available in Distill is Q3-Q4 this year. Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Any update on the Error notification feature?

Can you please post a screenshot of this? As an example.

Customizable error actions for cloud monitors have been added and should be available to all customers this week.

Here is a screenshot from the extension’s settings page for local monitors:

Screenshot for cloud monitors to be released soon: