Don't add monitored tabs to recent closed tabs

Hello,
I’m using Distil to monitor a couple of pages, and I can’t use the background engine because my OS is Linux.
What happens is all those monitored pages end up in the “recent Closed tabs” and this is bad because is prevents me from reopening tabs I close myself, or even a window that I wrongly closed on a previous session.
Is there any way to prevent this?
Thanks!

Hi @fercesar, currently it is not possible to alter the browser’s history because Distill doesn’t have permissions to access them.

There are two workarounds:

1. If the page being monitored is not a dynamic page (no JS required), then you can disable JavaScript in the monitor’s options. A a result, a tab doesn’t need to be opened for checks.
  2. Or, use an alternate browser profile for checks. The main profile’s history won’t be affected by the checks.

BTW what Linux OS are you using? We will consider releasing a Linux build in near future too.

How do I use an alternate browser profile for checks? Is that configurable?

I’m using Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS

Check this out: Use Chrome with multiple profiles - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Will the checks happen if I don’t open that profile? Or the idea is to open both profiles every day?