Distill not detecting change in selected field

Hi, I’m monitoring the below website for changes to see when tickets become available but despite regulator monitoring (using local monitor running in frequent intervals), it is not detecting changes when tickets do become available. I’ve selected the field saying Sorry, we don’t currently have any tickets for this event to monitor for when it gets removed when tickets are available, but Distill doesn’t let me know when tickets are posted.

Please advise, thanks

One of the things to look out for in this case is to make sure that when the original message disappears, the monitor still has some text to monitor. If it doesn’t, the monitor can encounter a SELECTION_EMPTY error. Check out https://distill.io/docs/web-monitor/troubleshooting-errors/#selection_empty

The easiest recommendation in this case is to add one more element to the selection. The event’s title is a good one because it is going to be present in both cases. The CSS selectors for the two selections can be:

#eventName
#no-listings-found

Monitoring elements using these two selectors should work well. Try it out and let me know if it works. Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks so much, I will try that.

Hi,

Unfortunately your suggestion didn’t work. I can see that some tickets were posted (and now reserved by someone else) but Distill did not even detect the change, so there’s no selection empty error either despite selecting two different elements (event name and no tickets available). Please could you suggest some other things to fix this. Thanks

The solution should then is to include the available tickets’ list too. Can you share the link of the page where tickets are available?