Desktop App Minimize to Taskbar

Can we get the option to minimize the desktop app to the taskbar? I dont like having it in the foreground and not having that feature kind of defeats the purpose of having the desktop app imo.

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback, @vanitytm. We intend to include the feature to minimize the desktop app to the Notifications area on Windows.

Our desktop app is currently in the alpha testing phase, and we greatly value any input. How has your experience with the app been so far? Have you encountered any issues?

2 Likes

Hi,

Ive been having an issue with this error: “port not found with 0.” showing as “NOT_FOUND” in the error log. It only appears when I use the desktop app to check a page for changes, but not Firefox.

Also, do you have any advice on checking for changes on a page that is not yet available but you know the address to? I am looking to get the AMD 7800X3D soon, and want to see when the reservation option at Microcenter goes up, however I keep getting the selection empty error. Did I set up the monitor correctly and this is this expected?

The 7800X3D Microcenter Store Page redirects to the 7800X3D Microcenter Support Page. I set the config to this:

{
  "selections": [
    {
      "frames": [
        {
          "index": 0,
          "excludes": [
            {
              "type": "xpath",
              "expr": "//div[@id='pnlInventory']/div[@class='inventory']/div[@class='icon-group']//span[@class='storeName']"
            }
          ],
          "includes": [
            {
              "type": "xpath",
              "expr": "//div[@id='pnlInventory']/div[@class='inventory']/div[@class='icon-group']/span",
              "fields": [
                {
                  "name": "text",
                  "type": "builtin"
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      ],
      "dynamic": true,
      "delay": 2
    }
  ],
  "ignoreEmptyText": true,
  "includeStyle": false,
  "dataAttr": "text"
}
1 Like

By using this page as reference:
7900X3D Microcenter store page

Thanks for the feedback. We will check them out and get back to you.

Hello @vanitytm
Thank you for checking out the desktop app and providing valuable feedback.

Ive been having an issue with this error: “port not found with 0.” showing as “NOT_FOUND” in the error log.

Could you let me know if the error mentioned here happens on every run for your monitor in the desktop app? Or is it very sporadic?

Seems to be sporadic. See the attached screenshot.

1 Like

This monitor has had no issues.

1 Like

And this one has had the error previously.

Thank you so much for the detailed info on the error @vanitytm. We are looking into the issue to figure out what’s going wrong.