Cannot monitor a specific page on finewineandgoodspirits.com

Hello, I am trying to use the cloud monitor feature for the following website and no matter the element selected it comes back with an error. How can this be fixed? It was working fine just a couple of days ago. I tried various proxies with no luck. Sometimes the website gives you a server error if you refresh too often. I tried everything and have not found any resolution.

https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.com/whiskey-release/whiskey-release

1 Like

Hello @mwerb - welcome to the community forum. i think that this site requires cookies in order to access the linked page. Can you try creating and using a profile[1] as shown below:

1. Go to https://monitor.distill.io/#/w/0/profiles/ and create a new profile.
  2. Open finewineandgoodspirits.com homepage. You can accept the question about accessing the site.
  3. Save the profile.
  4. Create a new monitor using the profile as shown in [1].

Works as shown below:

Let me know if you need any help. Cheers!

[1] Profiles for Cloud Monitors – Distill

Thanks Ajitk - I believe I got it working. However, it doesn’t look like I can confirm it is monitoring properly and working? When I attempt to check the log of activity it just says: “Log for this monitor will be available on device that runs this monitor”. Doesn’t seem like I am getting any error though?

Ty!!

Actually I am still getting the same error…

It only seems to work when initiating the monitor however when it returns to check at intervals it says selection empty @ajitk

I see. Using a macro can potentially be an option. How you normally navigate to that page when starting in a new browser profile or an incognito window?

Sorry @ajitk i do not understand what you are asking or suggesting?

I generally do not run into any issues but I assume it is because of my cookies and having a history of being on their website.

@ajitk so I tried the macro with going to the main website, clicking yes I am 21 or over, and then navigating to the whiskey release page however it is showing errors and not working.

I am attempting to monitor the specific element on the release page which shows “ Showing 1-9 of 9 results for” so that way I know when they add or remove products.

Is there a way you could do some trial and error to see what ways we can possible come up with a solution to monitor the whiskey release page and know when they add or remove products? Ty!

Sure, I will check it out and get back to you later today or tomorrow.

BTW have you tried using a local monitor to see if that works for you?

@ajitk unfortunately the local monitoring is now giving me the same problem. This was all working fine with both local monitoring and on the cloud last week. Not sure what changes but I really need to find a solution! Ty for the help

@ajitk do you have any understanding of how to get cookies to save on a website? So it doesn’t keep resetting itself and blocking me from access on that specific page?

@mwerb using a macro didn’t work in my tests too. Profiles are the way to save cookies that are used for checks by a cloud monitor. It is possible that it needs something else as well that we are not able to send. It requires a deeper investigation. Is it possible for you to reach out to the website and discuss if your account can be allowed to monitor the page?

1 Like

@ajitk Thought I would check in on this as I am having the same issue. The only way I am able to regularly access the site is to first access https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.com/ and then access https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.com/whiskey-release/whiskey-release in the same open tab. Is there a way to set this to first open the 1st web address, and then the 2nd in the same window & check for a selected change on the 2nd page?

@CRM0055 it is currently possible to monitor this using the mobile app that can only run in cloud. Here are the steps:

1. Tap the add icon and enter the URL into the address bar.
  2. Choose products_text field under monitored fields.
  3. Tap “Start Monitoring” and save.

Note that this approach can by use to monitor the page in cloud. It is not available locally yet.

@CRM0055 have you been able to get this up and running successfully?

@CRM0055 @mwerb any luck on getting this to work?
i still get access denied. someone has to have figured this out.

1 Like

Is fwgs somehow countering this? It was actually working for the past few weeks and then a couple of days ago I started getting the errors again.

That’s my guess. Either through ip address or MAC address? Might be a threshold of how many times we hit the site over a given period. That’s my best guess

Have tried several different methods including macros, clearing cache every visit, and all that stuff without any luck. Even setting my timer to 15 minutes still gets me blocked as of today.

Still trying to find something.

Feels like legally a government website shouldn’t be allowed to block me, even if I want to access it every 5 seconds.