Disabling email notifications

Hello,

I’m using the Distill Chrome extension and I only want to be notified for any web site changes via this extension, NOT via email. Is this possible and how? I’ve tried this by signing out, but I still receive email messages.
Thank you,

Bas

Hi @virtual_real

Firstly, welcome to Distill’s forums!
There are multiple options for notifications within Distill (e-mail being one of them). To change the notification configuration, please follow the below steps:

1. Please go into the Edit Options.
  2. Navigate to Actions section
  3. Click on the Add action dropdown menu and feel free to select the appropriate option of your choice.

This section will also allow you to delete existing notification options (including e-mail).
Hope that helps!

Best,
Surya

Thank you for your help, Surya.

I was able to remove the email notifications, but I’m missing the logic in the settings menu. When I add a page to monitor, I only see:

actions

So the email notifications get enabled automatically(?)

Hi @virtual_real

If the actions list does not have ‘email’, you will not get notified by email.
For instance, in the screenshot you have shared, you will get the popup and bell strike, thats all.
To get email notifications, you will have to go and add it from the “add action” list.

Cheers,
Surya

I’m having the same problem, I’m getting email notifications that I did not set up and I have no option to turn it off because it’s not there. If I add the email notification option and then delete it I still get them.

@hapgood Can you check the following for your account?

1. Is there any global actions for email alerts set?
  2. Check email actions for each of the Distill accounts in case you have created multiple accounts by mistake.

Thanks for responding . . . this is what I have.
I had a previous account but I deleted it and it used a different email address.

I seem to have fixed it by deleting all actions and then adding the two I want back in and did not add the pop-up notification action in. I did a check, there was a change and I did not get an email this time.